Thursday 7 June 2012

A week in Provence


A few weeks ago we packed up and headed off to Gatwick. Destination: I'Lsle Sur La Sorgue, hopefull for a sunnier climate  and a village full of antiques. We got both.

I'Lsle Sur La Sorgue is THE place in Southern France to shop for antiques.  Sunday is the day to go, an endless choice of shops and stalls to browse along the river Sorgue. The're are still some shops open on the other days but for the full experience, Sunday is the day. If you're lucky you may spot a couple having a sit down roast dinner on their stall.

On other days it is host to one of the best Provençal markets, meander down the narrow streets enjoying the fabrics and linens, a taste of cheese and pottery of all shapes and sizes.

The Antiques are devine. It broke my heart that I could'nt bring any back on the plane with us. The French are the essence of shabby chic and they make our shabby look the opposite of shabby! From this trip, I am going to do a peice of furniture with alot more ruffles, textures, rubbings and details and really 'French up' my shabby chic technique - Pictures to follow of the outcome.

Antiques In France, Ceramics and Furniture


Next time I visit I'Lsle Sur La Sorgue it will be in a car, better yet a van!

No comments:

Post a Comment